Tuesday, April 17, 2018

The First and Last of Many.

 I was very relieved to finally finish off the last baby quilt for one of my nieces. There were 6 babies born in 6 months on my Dad's side of the family and it was a busy time with selling and moving, so I am very happy to have finished the last baby quilt for extended family. That is, the last for now. It probably won't be long before another baby is on the way and I am still working on Jake's appliqued Woodlands theme quilt, so I had better keep working on that one.
 In the meantime we started looking after Jake full time from yesterday as our DD went back to full time teaching. Yesterday was a big day as she has meetings afterwards but he was an absolute pleasure.  He's such a happy boy and he is easy to keep entertained at this stage. He slept well too so, although no quilting happened,  we did have a lovely day.
    I hope to get some quilting done as we get our routines established and will probably have to quilt at night again.
5
Hugs, Jan Mac 

5 comments:

Linda said...

Love the Pinwheel quilt you made for George. Jake looks a happy little chap! Enjoy the peace and quiet before he learns to crawl!

Marijke said...

Jake is so happy to be with you ,enjoy every day !!!1.
baby quilt is lovely .I finished 8 quilts for my charity,
I,m starting with my own quilts now ,got a few waiting to be finished,summer is coming
so I will sit outside a lot doing my applique,hugs Marijke

Maria said...

A lovely quilt for George...
Oh Jake is such a happy little fella. What fun to have him..
I'm sure you'll find time to quilt once you get settled.

Michele Bilyeu said...

Love your posts..here and on Facebook...about your gorgeous grandson! Love that you still manage to get back to your roots and are if such lifelong service to others with work whether it was your nursing or quilting. But most of all love that you're a granny nanny to your darling Jake. With 3 grands of our own..1,2,and 3..there is nothing better than being trusted with a littke one all day..many days in a week...though we've found ourselves crawling down the hall after a day with 1 or 2 at once and realize they all crawl faster than we can!

cocoya said...

Like your husband I never tire of these QAYG String Quilts. So colourful and I bet they are toasty warm. Well done, Jan. The beanies are great, bright and cheerful.
Genting Crown