Saturday, March 19, 2016

Finally A Finish.

 Finally our hot weather has abated and I finished this baby quilt for my Great Nephew, Spencer. Unfortunately the family is moving to Papua New Guinea on Tuesday, which is sooner than anticipated. They have asked me to post it to their employers in Mareeba, Qld, and hopefully it won't be too long before someone visiting them can deliver it to them. As Spencer's Dad is going to be flying for MAF, facilitating medical transfers from New Guinea's Highlands, I thought a quilt of planes would be appropriate.
 Now I still have another baby quilt to finish for another niece's baby but thankfully they live locally so delivery won't be a problem. I'd better get busy with it though while the weather is cooler and before I work nights again this weekend.
Hugs, Jan Mac


2 comments:

Jo said...

That's a great quilt pattern for an Aussie Hero quilt...

Marijke said...

very nice quilt .I no the MAF since 2010 and I think all those people are amazing to help others ,
I support them for a few years now and wish the family all the best in New Guinee