Sunday, December 6, 2015

Another One.

Today we had a Christmas gathering for my extended family with one brother flying down from Darwin, and lots of nephews and nieces traveling from distant places like Brisbane and Melbourne. My Dad isn't very well but at 90 years of age it's to be expected that some days are more tiring than others. He's currently in hospital for a tune-up but we sprung him for lunch as it might be the last time we all get together with him.
   Unfortunately it was a hot day it we all had fun talking and catching up on family news. I had quilted this top earlier in the week and wanted to get it bound before we go to Melbourne for my Quilt Group meeting tomorrow. The top was made by one of my quilt group's members so I want to have it finished as it's our last meeting for the year.
   Then I plan on spending some time working on some more quilts for Impact as well as some for family. Christmas will be here before you know it and I'm very grateful for air conditioning or not much sewing would happen in this heat of 100 degrees F. Hopefully tomorrow will be a little cooler.
Hugs, Jan Mac

1 comment:

Marijke said...

lovely quilt ,wish you a nice time in Melbourne
sorry to hear that your dad isn,t well .my good wishes for him.