Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Busy, Busy.

 We've had a busy time over the past couple of days with a trip to Melbourne on Sunday to stay overnight with our DD. It was great to catch up with her again and on Monday I attended my Melbourne Quilting Group's meeting. It was a lovely day of catching up with friends, lots of chat and some lovely quilts were shown during Show and Tell. We also donated 60 quilts to three different organizations which was very rewarding. Hearing how much the quilts are appreciated by the recipients always inspires us to keep making more and the members all seemed to go home happy afterwards. We were also very fortunate to have two guest speakers from the National Gallery of Victoria and they spoke about the recent embroidery exhibition and conserving pieces for display.
     As soon as we reached home I went to bed as I worked night shift that night. Then I slept for 4 hours on Tuesday before getting up and putting another QAYG quilt together. I have another 4 to finish for the group working with homeless teens so I hope I have enough blocks here for them.
    Today I was determined to make the baby quilt for my niece's baby. I finished it and will share those photos tomorrow. I have two more baby quilts due by January so I'm going to start the next one soon so I only have to appliqué the names on and quilt them and I hope to gift them just after the birth.
    I'll sleep well tonight after all the activity and hope to deliver the baby quilts tomorrow. I also plan on putting another QAYG quilt together too.
Hugs, Jan Mac



No comments: