Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Altering Quilt Tops and Babies.

 This top was made in fabric suitable for a man but not large enough so I added two more rows after removing the border from one end. Luckily I found some more of the border fabric so it was easy to make the alterations. It was a donated top and now measures 52 x 72 inches so it's suitable for Peter Mac or QOV? I don't think you can tell which are the new blocks, can you? It's finished and ready to be donated.
   Yesterday I met up with the mothers and their new babies and it was lovely to be able to give them their new quilts. They loved them which makes it all worthwhile.
    The rest of the day was spent doing some hand stitching and relaxing while I try to get over this nagging cough. I finally went to the Dr for antibiotics so hope I start to improve soon.
Hugs, Jan Mac


1 comment:

Marijke said...

such a lovely gift ,those quilts.