Sunday, July 5, 2015

Two UFO Finishes.

 I took a two day class of Stained Glass Appliqué technique with Dianne Johnston, about 8 years ago. I completed the floral wall hanging in the first day so I bought one of her patterns and completed the Pelican wall hanging on the second day. All I had to do was stitch them down and complete the quilting. The technique uses raw edge appliqué which I haven't done before as my favorite technique is needle turn appliqué.
    Maybe that is why it took me so long to finish them but most likely it was because there was a need for me to finish donation quilts at the time. I had shown the Pelicans on my blog recently but I hadn't finished the edges then.
    I'm very happy to have these two UFOs off my long list and it has spurred me on to complete some more so I have pulled two more UFOs out to work on. I'm going to try to be strong and only quilt 3 or 4 donation quilts each month and get some more of my own quilts completed. It's hard to break the habit of 20 years and not just make quilts to donate but I'm going to try.
    I also have cross stitch UFOs I want to finish and I was doing well with them when I set aside a day a week to work on them so I probably need to get back to that system. Does anyone else have a plan which works to prevent the buildup of UFOs? Please let me know if you think it will help.
Hugs, Jan Mac


2 comments:

Marijke said...

Good morning Jan ,I love the flowerstained glass quilt ,
and yes I,m working on my UFOs I hope to finished them this year.
hugs Marijke

Anonymous said...

Beautiful stained glass pei Es. I have never done one on fabric but I have with glass...