Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Orphan Blocks and A Finish.

 I'm still uncovering scraps and old UFOs as well as more orphan blocks while I try to clean up my sewing room. I found this top of orphan blocks and added some more to make it larger. I decided to add an inner border and then half square triangles as an outer border.  It now measures 42x57 inches so it's big enough for a child now and I plan to quilt it soon.
  I also found another small top which I've quilted and backed with flannel and no batting. It will make a nice baby wrap for a boy. I have also been busy finishing DH's heart quilt and just need to add borders now.
  Progress seems slow but it's good to clear out some old projects and get some finishes too. I must get back to my appliqué soon but I've been busy knitting for upcoming new babies due in April. There's always plenty to keep me busy and I love knitting as well as stitching. Check back soon as I hope to have more finishes to share over the next few days.
 Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs, Jan Mac


3 comments:

Linda said...

Love your orphan blocks quilt.

Marijke said...

Love all 3 of them .are your cubboards not empty yet?
I,m working on the quilt tops to post to you. do you still want them?they,re al children size.hugs Marijke

Maria said...

They all look wonderful Jan!