Monday, February 16, 2015

Another UFO.

 I've spent the last two days sewing curtains for my DD's home so there's not much to show you. I have finished two more bedrooms and two lounge room windows. Thankfully I only have two more large windows to cover now. I really want to get them done so tried to ignore the heat and just keep going. Cutting the drop lengths was the hardest part but I've cut them all so now just have to sew.
  I've also pulled out another UFO to finish. This one is almost 6 years old and it's made from lovely heart blocks donated by my online quilting friends from Southern Cross Quilters. When Ray had surgery for prostate cancer my friends arranged for him to receive hearts and I had started to make the quilt but didn't get it completed. The hearts were in red and black, the colors of the football team he supports. Thankfully he recovered but I also had a cancer scare so the quilt was put on hold for a while.
  I'm enjoying getting these UFOs finished and hope to have a finish soon. In the meantime I have more nights to work and the rest of the curtains to finish.
Hugs, Jan Mac

1 comment:

Marijke said...

What a lovely idea.
love the colors.