Saturday, January 3, 2015

More UFOs Found

We're having a heat wave and I really should just sit and stitch in the AC but I really want to continue to excavate the sewing room and get things under control while I have a few days off work and while I am on a break from traveling. I've been unearthing all sorts of treasures I'd forgotten about and it's a good way to find and organize the UFOs that have been forgotten.
We're also cat sitting and these little kitties certainly liven up the household. As soon as I lay a quilt, top o9r blocks on the floor they are straight over to it and lie down. This is a 1930s cutter quilt I bought quite a few years ago, unseen. I'm going to repair and bind the 6 blocks as a small quilt as well as joining another 4 blocks which have an outer border section as another piece to hang. I love trying to give these pieces new life.



While I was excavating I found lots of half made bits and pieces. Some are going to be donated to the Salvos shop as I have plenty to work with and there are some embroidery kits, cross stitch kits etc that I can part with and bless someone else. I'm also taking apart some of these stitched pieces that I don't want to finish.
These are like "quilt soup" and will join lots of other scraps in some new projects. I find it's a lot better to just let some UFOs go and put the fabric back into the scrap baskets to add interest to something I want to work on rather than having bits and pieces in bags which I will never get to finish.
I want to get back to the other UFOs I'm finishing but when the "urge to purge " strikes, I find it's best to just get busy so I can clear the tables for my next quilting project.
  There have already been houses lost to bush fires, but thankfully no loss of life. Stay safe everyone.
Hugs, Jan Mac

2 comments:

Marijke said...

THE FLOWER QUILT IS LOVELY ,ARE THESE FLOWERS HANDPEACED OR DOUBLE STICHED AND THAN SOWN ON THE QUILT?

Marijke said...

I MEAN APPLIQUE OF COURSE ,NOT PIERCED HUGS MARIJKE