Monday, December 29, 2014

The Fickle Quilter

My first love with quilting is needleturn applique and I had every intention of maintaining my progress with catching up with the Chester County Criswell Quilt BOM. I was on a roll and really enjoying my progress. Then I didn't get my prep work done so returned to working on these 1930 hexagons. I have finished all the white hexies around the edge and now just have the edges to fill in with parts of hexie flowers.
It's a very good project to have when I have time for some hand piecing. Then I had the urge to finish off some UFOs and when that urge strikes I like to go with it.Some of the UFOs are mine and some are antique or vintage tops and blocks. I'm very grateful that I don't earn my living  from my quilting as it means I can be fickle and capricious and change my mind about my favourite quilts and techniques. I can work on what pleases me while the mood strikes and I hope my changeable way of working on projects will lead to more finishes very soon. In the meantime I am back to working nights again so I can ponder which project I'll pick up when I'm awake. I'm starting to go through the antique blocks I've bought about 20 years ago and plan to get some of them finished. Or I might change my mind and get back to the applique - so many choices to make.
Hugs, Jan Mac

No comments: