Sunday, November 30, 2014

The Chester County Criswell Quilt.

Block 13- The central block and equivalent to 4 other blocks in size.
 Thanks to my new skills in back basting as well as spending time at airports, I have made a lot of progress in catching up with my CCCQ blocks. I am now thinking about how I will put them together for quilting which means the end is in sight.
 Sharon of Two Bits Patches is providing 33 blocks for this BOM and we have 26 so far. I expect to be caught up with them by the time we receive our last block.
I have 3 more ready to back baste and join these. I wasn't sure I liked the odd looking leaf and floral blocks but now I think it adds some visual interest. I have laid them out in no particular order so I expect they will look better when properly situated in the quilt.
Many thanks for sharing your family's keepsake with us Sharon and allowing us to join you in recreating this lovely quilt.
Hugs, Jan Mac
Block 24

Blocks completed to date.


2 comments:

Marijke said...

Good morning Jan.love the blocks .I still dont no how to do this .I do it with baking paper and this works for me so far .hugs marijke

Marijke said...

Morning Jan .it,s not baking paper but freezer paper what I use for apliqueren.