Friday, November 28, 2014

Hexagon Progress.

 I'm surprised at how quickly these hexagon flowers grow once the originals are de-constructed. I am making them a slightly smaller size to avoid the frayed edges of the hexagons. Originally they were 1 inch in size but these measure 3/4 of an inch. I'm piecing these over papers as the original hexagons were hand-pieced and the white ones were pieced in-accurately and were quite a bit out of shape. The paper allows me to retain the hexagon shape and they will look much better when the colored cardboard is removed from the hexes.
I'm happy with my progress despite still being caught up with spring cleaning.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs, Jan Mac

3 comments:

Maria said...

Hi Jan great progress with those tiny hexies.

Linda said...

You have so much patience! I smiled when I read about your Spring cleaning, thinking of you in Australia looking forward to summer whilst we in the UK are experiencing the dismal grey and damp days of November! Hey ho!

Marijke said...

hi Jan, great job .
follow you on this project