Saturday, May 10, 2014

Hexie Progress

I have been stitching and glueing hexagons when time allows and the two projects are both growing nicely. I had been stitching on my La Passion when we left home and I have almost finished round 1.
My Insanity quilt also uses half inch hexagons and I have stiched 6 more diamonds on the train when traveling from Bayeux to Tours, a trip of about 3 hours. Last night I also found that I can read my ipad while I glue the papers to the fabric. These quilts will have some happy memories of our travels stitched into them and it does help to pass the time while waitig for trains and planes.
hugs, Jan Mac

7 comments:

Turid said...

Great hexies. I love La Passion, but it always takes more time than expected to finish a round. You can find my progress on my blog. I make a blogpost every 100 hexies.

Utili said...

Das sieht ja fantastisch aus, herzlichen Glückwunsch zur Beendung des 1 Teils.

Liebe Grüße
Uta

Utili said...

Wunderschöne Farbgestaltung, sieht fantastisch aus Dein 1. Teil vom La Passion.

Liebe Grüße
Uta

Annette said...

Are you buying fabric along the way, they all look wonderful. I'm also enjoying your travels. Take care

Joy V said...

Love what you have done so far Jan. I have started to cut my 1/2" papers - am going to try and do what you are - that is, Insanity and La Passion - love that quilt. Not sure of what colours - have a lot of plains and hand dyed so might go with that for La Passion.
Thirties etc for Insanity.

margaret said...

the hexies are coming along well, a good way to fill in time whilst travelling

Jan Mac said...

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. Yes Annette I am buying small amounts of fabric for my Insanity quilt but the Hexagon La Passion is in blues and aquas and from my stash at home. I have just finished Part 1 of La OPassion and also enjoying my Insanity quilt. Joy you are as crazy as I am, but in a nice way. Hugs, Jan