Wednesday, February 19, 2014

The Zen of Hand Stitching

 I have been making the most of any time I have been awake and not working to do some more hand stitching. I finished this block of my Chester County Criswell quilt.
 This brings my total of completed blocks to 6 now, which is one third of the blocks which have been released. I'm preparing another one to stitch tonight so I'm very pleased with my progress.
I have also been stitching more hexagons together and this is an easy project to pick up while I'm feeling sleep-deprived. They go together quickly and I need to make some more hexagons to add more variety to the mix. Today was spent with family commitments and I'm very lucky that I am able to find a bit of peace from some of the stressful events that are occurring at the moment, by enjoying some quiet time stitching. I'd better get busy with my machine quilting tomorrow so I can finish at least one quilt for the nearing Exhibition date.
Hugs, Jan Mac

No comments: