Monday, November 18, 2013

Go Me!

 I've worked full time on night duty this week and not much other than work and sleep has been happening. I didn't think I'd get time or energy to finish my sister's quilt but thought I'd just start making some more blocks and see how many I could get done. I got it finished to a top and then thought I'd just try and get the borders done.
 DH didn't like it until the borders were on and now he thinks it's OK but not his favourite! Hopefully my sister will like it as it has lots of fabric to remind her of our trip to the Alps for her 60th birthday.
 It's very hot here today so I've done enough sewing for today. I just have to make the backing large enough. Even the backing fabric has the zig zag of the mountain ranges. I hope to get the tops quilted and bound tomorrow before I meet up with my sister for coffee. I'm sure she will be surprised that it is finally finished and hopefully she will like it. I'm very happy that I kept going today and got the top finished. It will be good to have another project off my list of "Must Do Soon".
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs, Jan Mac

7 comments:

Maria said...

Looks great, Jan!

Sue SA said...

Great quilt Jan, this pattern is on my to do list for my brother, a keen bush walker, so really inspired me to start it...next year, got to get through Christmas first!

Linda said...

Love the quilt. Your backing is a great match!

jacaranda said...

Love the quilt Jan. Sitting here looking at my tubs of fabric, perhaps I need to stash bust and make up some of your scrap quilt patterns.

Kate said...

Jan,

I think the quilt looks lovely. you are just amazing! I hope you have an absolutely marvellous holiday in India

Kate said...

Love the quilt Jan. You are amazingly productive! Have a marvellous holiday in India

Jan Mac said...

Thanks for your kind words Maria, Sue, Linda, Jenni, and Kate. I'm sure we'll have a great trip and I'm looking forward to seeing how India has changed in the past 38 years.