Thursday, June 13, 2013

Sorting Scraps and Stitching

 I couldn't resist making another of these Square in a Square tops to use up the very ordinary 9 patch blocks I had in a container. I've had to make some more 9 patches but the container is not overflowing now. I'm supposed to be sorting through all my scraps and putting them away before we go away but I couldn't resist starting a new scrap project. I was given a large box of 4.5 inch squares and there are numerous squares of the same fabric so I've been dithering about which pattern to use. I finally decided on Broken Dishes and am just working with greens and browns with a contrast light fabric with a pale yellow design as my main fabric to contrast with the browns and greens. They go together quickly and will be ideal for a male quilt. I really need to sort those scraps but I have been pulling out some of the FQ's to cut more squares for more variety.
 I also need to get back to working on my projects too so I should set aside time tomorrow for that. I guess I'll be tempted to stitch some more Broken Dishes blocks as well.
Hugs, Jan Mac


3 comments:

Ulla said...

It's amazing how beautiful quilts you can put together from your scraps. I think the key is that you have a lot to choose from!

Jan Mac said...

Yes Ulla. I think that is the secret too. I also cut up other fabric in the colours I want to add more variety to a project.

FeatherDuster said...

I really like this 9-patch square in a square :-)