Saturday, March 23, 2013

Beautiful Tasmania

The photos don't really do it justice as the scenery in Tasmania is spectacular. You seem to have fantastic views every time you turn a corner in the road. The weather has been very good with only some showers over the past few days. We've seen the rugged west coast, Cradle Mountain, Lake St Clair, Strahan and a boat cruise up the Gordon River, including a trip out to the open sea through Hells Gate. Also a visit to Sarah Island a convict settlement gave us a good insight into the tough times of the 1830s.We've also toured around Bruny Island and a trip up Mount Wellington gave us a fantastic view over Hobart. Tomorrow we plan to tour around the old part of the city of Hobart and we're really enjoying all the history of the little towns we pass through as well as the lovely sights.
  I haven't been able to update the blog as often as I would like as my camera stopped working and the internet was very slow. Hopefully now my camera is working again I can post more often.
 I have crocheted enough squares for half a blanket so far and I work on them every day so I hope to get 1 or 2 finished before we return home.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs, Jan Mac

3 comments:

Gina E. said...

A friend of mine is also over there at the moment with her friend from New Zealand. Neither of them have been to Tassie before, and we assured them they would love it!
I got a heap more wool last week at the opshop, so I'll get one of those Aust Post satchels next week and post the lot to you (believe me? Thought not, LOL!)

jacaranda said...

Stunning scenery, hope you are relaxing and enjoying Tassie. Take Care Jan.

Gina E. said...

Don't expect a prepaid satchel from me - the wool wouldn't fit in either of them! So I've packed it all into one of those expandable tough bags, and will be mailing it on Wednesday.