Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The Postman Has Been Busy

 While we were away for the week the postman was very busy delivering parcels of QAYG blocks so many quilters have been very busy using up their fabric strips. Delys Rogers (WA) sent some lovely QAYG blocks using kid fabrics as well as enough binding strips to join a set of blocks together which is a huge time saver for me.
  Cherrie Rees (NSW) sent some beautiful QAYG blocks in lovely bright colours and Cat Magraith (SA) sent a beautiful set of QAYG blocks in pastel colours. I also received a huge box from Michelle Bardwell (Vic), which contained a lovely crocheted baby blanket, some embroidered and appliqued blocks as well as lots of QAYG blocks which Michelle's quilting group made. The group has been very busy and the blocks are lovely and will make more beautiful quilts.
  Luckily I've been busy making more quilts and I completed 2 quilts yesterday using QAYG blocks so I plan to get more dine very soon. The photos of the finished quilts will be on my other blog and check back soon as I have more to show soon.
 Thank you all so much for your generous donations for quilts for the needy.
Hugs, Jan Mac






3 comments:

willywagtail said...

I was thinking of all the boxes you must receive at your place. A busy postman down your way. Cherrie

Maria said...

That's great, all those donations from those wonderful people!

hardhatcat said...

i found some more that i had started previously then put away somewhere "safe" then promptly forgot where i put them. Once they are done i'll get them in the mail too Cat M (SA)