Saturday, September 29, 2012

The Chester County Criswell Quilt

 I have finished my second block of this Block of the Month just in time for the release of the third block. I chose to make it in the same colour-way as the original with the green in the centre piece but others are making it with the green as the leaves. It wasn't a difficult block to stitch and once the prep work was done it only took a couple of hours. I don't trim my blocks until I am ready to piece them together so they look slightly different in size.
I do hope some of you are stitching this quilt too as Sharon from Two Bit Patches has offered it as a Block of the Month (pattern only) and it will be offered over 3 years. The first block is free and the remainder will cost $2.50 to be sent the pattern via email. I paid for a year's worth and it only cost me $22. It's not too late to start and will make a lovely appliqued quilt.
 It has been passed down to Sharon through her family and she is very generously giving information about the makers of the blocks as well as drafting the patterns for us.
She has a separate blog for the quilt and it's well worth a look at the blog to get more information.
 I've shown both my blocks above and I think it would be lovely to have more people join in with the journey and share our progress. Come on a few hours and a few dollars a month is a good investment don't you think? Let me know if you are going to join in and I'll cheer you on as well.
I'm working nights again for the next few days so will check back when I'm awake.
Hugs, Jan Mac

1 comment:

Carole~Quilter on the hill said...

I love your colours & fabric choices. I hope you have encouraged some more people to take it on and share their progress - it's so much fun making the CCC quilt along with other people and seeing the different techniques and fabrics. Cheers, Carole