Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Spending Time with the Bride

 I've made good progress on the needle turn applique for my Civil War Bride quilt. The quilt is heavily decorated with appliqued flowers and many, many leaves and I'm using a pattern by Corliss of Threadbear. It's based on a quilt from the mid 1800s and I was lucky enough to see it when I was in New York in 2010. I've finished two blocks this week and my progress was so much faster as I took some time to prepare the applique pieces by tracing them on freezer paper and cutting them out.
 I've started another block today and would love to finish the top by the end of the year as well as stitching the 4 borders for my Baltimore Album quilt. That's ambitious but do-able if I focus. I'm still stitching the Baltimore top together and will show photos then.
 Thanks for stopping by and I plan to post more photos of progress very soon.
Hugs, Jan Mac



6 comments:

Anne said...

It's looking good and you are making lots of progress!

Maria said...

WOW Jan your applique blocks look fantastic....

scraphappy said...

Beautiful work. The block look great together.

Gina E. said...

Oh wow, that is fabulous!

Maria said...

Wow! you're really making lots of progress on your quilt Jan! It looks beautiful, a real credit to your preparation and stitching :-)

Julie Rob said...

Jan What progress. It is looking great. You must be so pleased.