Monday, September 17, 2012

It's Time

 I've only had today off paid work so I decided to have a quiet day of stitching. I need to get some of my WIPs (works in progress) finished as I have some more I want to start lol! I started these two quilt tops by using my 2.5 inch squares that have been building in number. The top quilt is made using hexagons and grouping the fabric by colour and shade. I calculated that I only need another 9 hexagon sections to finish the top and then use half and third hexagon shapes to form the border, so a finish is very achievable in the near future if I focus. I made some more hexagon pieces and will show a photo of progress soon.
The second top is also being made from my collection of 2.5 inch squares but these are fabrics which don't read as any particular colour. I think this will be a lap or cot sized quilt so I need to work on this one for some time until I have pieced enough stars. This will make a good carry along project for my next few trips and quilt meetings.
  I'm happy that I've decided to finish off some of my WIPs and get some of the shelves cleared ready for more new beginnings. I haven't abandoned my applique either but I didn't have any prep work done so decided to work on the paper pieced shapes instead.
Is anyone else working on some finishes too?
Hugs, Jan Mac

3 comments:

scraphappy said...

Finishing off WIPs always feels so good. Looks like there are some finished quilts in your future.

Gina E. said...

I can understand why you didn't get time to visit my exhibition! You have been sooooo busy! Beautiful works coming off that new machine and from your own hands. I haven't done any quilting for the last three weeks, but now that the show is closed, I'll be getting back into it. I have HEAPS of new fabrics, and lots of ideas for quilt tops :-)

Annette said...

Hello Jan...what are you paper piecing, I am new to it & I can see both stars & tumbling blocks. I'm thinking that paper piecing is addictive, just when I have bought a new machine. Love reading your Blog, hope you enjoy the retreat.
Annette