Saturday, July 28, 2012

A Change of Pace

 I took a break from work for a few days and visited our youngest DD who lives in Melbourne. It was great to catch up and spend more time together as well as some retail therapy. I also used the time to visit the Victorian Quilters Exhibition. Unfortunately you are unable to show any photos unless you get the permission of the quilters concerned so I have none to show.
 When we returned home I also finished off another crocheted blanket to donate as well as the baby shawl I was working on. I'll show photos of that when it's been blocked. The friend's baby is due in 4 weeks and I still have a jacket, dress, hat, booties and mittens to make so I need to spend more time knitting while the Olympics are televised.
  Today I spent time cleaning and re-organizing the pantry as well as preparing a slow cooker meal for this evening. My slow cooker is a cheapie and the knob broke on it's last use but luckily DH was able to replace it. We should have a lovely meal of steak with lots of vegetables which will cook itself while i knit and watch the football so life is good here and I have more paid work again starting tomorrow so I need to get busy with more quilts in between the knitting.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs, Jan Mac



3 comments:

Gina E. said...

Oh Jan, don't tell me you were there on Thursday? I was thinking about emailing you and asking if you had planned to go to the craft fair, and if so, I could have met you and given you my parcel instead of posting it!
Oops, I didn't know that we weren't supposed to post photos of the quilts on our blogs...I always ask if it is okay to photograh them, and so far haven't been stopped. There were lots of other ladies taking photos, but of course, they may not have been going to post them on the net..:-(

Jan Mac said...

Gina, Sorry I didn't save you the postage as it was a spur of the moment trip to Melbourne. There was a notice near the quilt displays which said that you could take photos but not publish them online to blogs etc without permission from the maker. Your parcel arrived safely today and I'll show a photo tomorrow.
Hugs, Jan Mac

Gina E. said...

Whoops...I guess I should remove my pics from my quilt shows blog...
LOL, my comment about saving postage was tongue in cheek stuff! I would have liked to meet up with you, regardless of my parcel. Glad it arrived. Hope the sizes of my quilt tops are okay; I sent another one to NSW on the same day, and the recipient emailed me to ask if I could please make any future quilt tops a certain size. Apparently mine was too wide for her batting or something.