Sunday, May 6, 2012

Sunburst Blocks

 This morning I put another set of QAYG blocks into a quilt suitable for a child. I've been asked for quilts for a camp for abused and disadvantaged kids again this year so I'm working on them throughout the year so there won't be a mad rush to get them finished.
 Then I decided to work on one of my many WIPs. I started this set of Sunburst blocks in a Chris Serong class at Dookie in May 2010. I thought they may have been older than that and it will be good to have them finished. I was actually going to get a new project of hand applique ready to take to my Melbourne AQA meeting tomorrow but I was strong and knew that I needed to finish something before I start a new project. I had carefully packed everything away when we had house guests and now I can't find all the bits I need. I know they are here somewhere but not in sight today.
Rather than waste the day tidying ( yes I know I'll still have to do it sometime) I decided to work on these blocks. There are supposed to be 13 of them and I made another 1 today to match the 5 I've finished. I'm not sure if I'll use Chris's pattern for the quilt or make them a little different. I plan to keep working on them steadily as I spent a lot of time today working out how to make the blocks again.
  It was a good day to putter around on some of my projects so stay tuned for progress. I will finish off my Stars on Sunday project but I was happy to work on something else for a change.
Hugs, Jan Mac

No comments: