Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Anzac Day Finishes




ANZAC Day is always an important day for us here in Australia, when we remember and honour our service men and women. It has always meant a lot to my family as my Dad's oldest brother was shot down and killed over Germany just before his 21 st birthday and on his 3rd flight during World War 2. We are grateful for all of those who have served to protect our freedom.
 This week I've used my time on finishing off another crocheted blanket for the Homeless Connect day to be held in Brisbane at the end of May. I also finished off 2 fleecy blankets from donated fabric, for the homeless. I have also received a very large parcel of finished quilts made and donated by Margo Barber (Tas) and they will be so welcomed as our weather has turned very cold very quickly here and living on the streets on in a refuge will be made much more comfortable by these quilts. She also included some donated yarn in variegated colours which will help to make another crocheted blanket to donate. I plan to get started on one while watching the televised football this afternoon. Check over on my other blog for photos of Margo's beautiful quilts.
 I almost forgot the pair of PJ pants were made this morning for a 10 year old boy and the warm flannelette will keep him warm this winter.
 I hope you are all staying warm and enjoying the day too!
Hugs, Jan Mac

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing
I really like