Sunday, November 20, 2011

Stars on Sunday Part 5

Family commitments have kept me busy this week so I haven't sewn as many stars as I would have liked but I've still made progress so I'm happy with that.
This week I've stitched 38 stars together but I have made more stars and I've sewn in a lot of the beige diamonds around the edges.
I'm going to try to get more sewn this week but with all the quilt deliveries etc my time will be taken up and I'll hope to stitch some at night.
I'm also getting my Christmas shopping done now so I don't have a last minute rush. I read to day that there's only 35 sleeps until Christmas so I plan to deliver all the Christmas gifts and quilts for the needy this week and then concentrate on things I need to get done for the family. I'm also trying to resist starting a new quilt for me and am just planning the colours I want to use at this stage. I would like to have some hand applique to work on and I have a couple of projects that I could alternate with the stars. I'll have to see if my resolve to finsih the stars first holds.
Hugs, Jan Mac

5 comments:

Lynne said...

It's always so tempting to start something new, isn't it? Hang in there, Jan - Christmas will be here and gone before you know it!

scraphappy said...

The stars look great, it is always so tempting to start something new before the old projects are finished off. Good luck getting it crossed off the list.

jacaranda said...

I love this quilt Jan, the colours are wonderful and bright.

-girl from the bush said...

Hi jan your stars look amazing !! It'snice to just sit and do few when you have time that is. doing the xmas shop now is a great idea because it will be here before you know! sue~nz

Mary-anne said...

Looking good Jan, there is a star quilt on this blog - scroll down a bit... I saw it and thought of you
http://quiltsinthebarnaus.blogspot.com/2011/11/just-hand-full-of-quilts-that-caught-my.html