Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Fairy Dresses Monday

I have been busy sewing gifts to give to needy families for Christmas and here are two of the little fairy skirts I made for little girls to pretend they are princesses or fairies at their very own party.
They were easy to make- I just cut a piece of fabric 3" wide across the with of fabric. Then I doubled the tulle and cut it 4.5" wide across the width of fabric. I folded it so I had 4 layers and stitched them around the strip of fabric, overlapping them by half. I left about 10" of the support fabric to make ties so the skirts can be tied around a little waist and I used 8 pieces of overlapping tulle on each skirt. It's hard to see in the photos and I didn't have a little girl to pose in them but I hope you can see what I mean. I also made a headband to match the skirts.
Hopefully some little girls will have fun dressing up in their fairy dresses and twirling around playing make believe as little girls do.
I also finished off some more QAYG quilts and they are shown on my other blog. We're off camping for a week or so at the end of the week so I'm trying to get my Christmas donations finished and delivered before we leave.
I can't believe that it's only2 months until Christmas. Where has the year gone. I've traveled quite a bit this year but we have still donated over 430 quilts so far and more to deliver very soon.
Hugs Jan Mac
PS Don't forget to check back later for Cross Stitch Tuesday. LOL

4 comments:

Lynne said...

Yay! 430 quilts is a great achievement. Thank you Jan!

Maria said...

That tally of quilts is amazing Jan! A real credit to you. Love the fairy skirts :-)

kaiteM said...

what day are you going away Jan? i posted something to you today, hopefully you'll get it before you leave.
Your little pink fairy dresses are so cute, such fun for little girls.

Jan Mac said...

I'm leaving Friday Kaite but we'll have someone here to collect mail etc.