Thursday, April 14, 2011

Donations for Christchurch and Australia

I received more wonderful donations from around the world. The first donations were 3 large packages of QAYG blocks made by Merilyn Francis (NSW) and she also sent a quilt shown on my other blog, Oz Comfort quilts. Patricia Thornhill from the UK sent a lovely parcel with 4 scarves, and 16 QAYG blocks. Pat Chubb from the USA sent 16 beautiful knitted beanies for the homeless and they will be so welcome with our weather turning colder already.
I also finished off some knitted beanies and matching scarves as well as a knitted soft toy- a rabbit.

Today I attended the first day of classes with Gloria Loughman at the Australasian Quilt Convention. It's a great class and I have another day tomorrow which I'm really looking forward to.
I'm taking a couple of days break but will soon be back and finishing more quilts. I'm taking the time to deliver more quilts while I'm in Melbourne and will soon be home to take photos of more donations.
Thank you all so much for your help with these quilt projects.
Hugs Jan Mac

2 comments:

Merilyn said...

Glad they all turned up safely. They weren't all made by me, a few girls from my Quiltbee group donated blocks that went into this pile: Marian, Ethel, Reta, Debbie, girls from Lismore NSW, I thank them so much for their generosity!!!

pcflamingo said...

Oh good! I'm glad the knit hats got there safely and in time to be put to good use. (Pat Chubb in Washington State, USA)