Thursday, April 28, 2011

Comings and Goings

Today was another busy day with 35 quilts going to the flooded area of Rochester in Victoria. I've been very lucky to have the help of Lesley Lowe from Kyabram and she has been bringing over donated quilts and tops from the Kyvalley and Girgarre Patchworkers and then taking finished quilts back to Rochester for distribution. Thanks to all the wonderful work and support from you all we have managed to donate 241 quilts so far this year and many more will be ready to send off very soon.
Today I received 3 quilts from two different groups in Tasmania and the quilts are shown on my other blog.
I also received a parcel from Helen Evans (Vic) with more QAYG blocks and fabric, as well as a parcel from Bev Dean (WA) who also sent 14 QAYG blocks and a baby sweater.
Jo-Anne Dick (Tas) also sent a lovely quilt as well as 2 knitted hats and 4 fabulous scarves which will all be so appreciated as the cold weather is certainly here at night time. I am enjoying our sunny days but when the cold night air comes I start coughing again so I'm spending the days sewing and not talking!
Hopefully I'll shake this cough off soon!
In the meantime there's more quilts to finish.
Stay well and thanks for all your help.
Hugs, Jan Mac

No comments: