Friday, June 11, 2010

It's a Challenge


I made the 2 1/2 hour trip down to Melbourne again on Monday as I wanted to attend my quilter's meeting of AQA. We were very fortunate to have Esther Aliu as our guest speaker for the day and I really wanted to hear her and see her quilts. She is a delightful lady with her own blog of followers where she posts a free quilt pattern. Her first free pattern "Red Delicious", is a stunning quilt and her second is also lovely.
I've shown a photo here of her second free quilt pattern and it's called "In The Pink". It has a tulip design.
I also wanted to hand in my challenge block for our Symposium which will be held in September. I won't be able to attend the Symposium so I wanted to hand my block in early. The first photo shows the piece of fabric we were given for our block fabric. We had to construct a 12.5" block in any design, using some of the supplied fabric.
Mine isn't perfect but it is finished, so I'm happy with that. The block was cut using templates and the design is called "Swirl". I think it would also make a lovely scrappy block.The blocks will be put together to make a donation quilt so it's a project close to my heart.
More later.
Jan Mac

No comments: