Saturday, February 20, 2010

Progress So Far

So far this month I managed to use up 164 yards of stash. I've been knitting while watching the Olympics and have managed to get 7 more tops quilted and finished this week as well as making a QAYG quilt from donated blocks.
The star blocks came from all around the world to Tia of Camp Followers Bags. She and the lovely ladies of Alice Springs put them together and when they ran out of time to quilt them all they sent them down to me with the boxes of finished quilts. I'm working my way through them now and they will be going to Kinglake as I've been asked for more quilts to give out there to people who have returned to the area after the fires.
I know the quilts will be loved and appreciated by their recipients.
I also made 4 pillowcases yesterday and will make some more before work today and show photos in a couple of days. These will be going to Pine Ridge Reservation in the US.
Hugs Jan Mac

1 comment:

kaiteM said...

Good going Jan, i'm sure they'll be well appreciated. Kaite