Sunday, January 17, 2010

Not Just Quilting

I've managed to bust 38 yards of stash over the past few days. Yesterday I bound 5 quilts, and put a QAYG quilt together as well as making backings for 2 quilts. Today was very productive as I made 2 pairs of sleep pants in flannel material, as well as PJs for an 8 year old and a pair of cord pants for a toddler. They will all be donated to Pine Ridge Reservation for kids in foster care.
If you're interested check out http://www.friendsofpineridgereservation.org
Luckily all of this fabric has come from my Magic Cupboard, but I think I'm out of flannel now and when I went to buy some on sale at Spotlight at $2 a Yard, they'd already sold out. If anyone has any they want to donate, I'm happy to sew the pants and pass them on to a good cause.
Back to quilts again tomorrow.
hugs Jan Mac

1 comment:

Tamera said...

Whoa! You go girl! 38 yards!!!!