Monday, March 2, 2009

Back home and busy



I was very blessed and given a Gold Pass to the Australasian Quilt Convention held in Melbourne. The venue was the magnificent Royal Exhibition Building and although we had one very hot day I really enjoyed the experience. The car parking was cheap and ideal for the venue and the building itself is wonderful with beautiful stenciling on the ceiling.
The very best part was the opportunity to meet so many of my online friends both those I'd met previously and those I'd met for the first time. It's always fun to finally put a face to an online name and will make it even more fun when we write our emails in the future. I also met up with some of my Melbourne quilting group- Australian Quilters Association (AQA). I had very interesting classes and managed to get half a top finished to be donated to a teenaged girl. There was a large pile of parcels of quilts, tops, blocks and QAYG blocks waiting for me and I managed to get one quilt put together today. I also picked up another 10 parcels today so I'll post more when I have time to go through them. It's my DH's birthday today so I'll limit my computer time to spend time with him.

1 comment:

Beeshebags said...

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear DH
Happy Birthday to you

Sorry it's late, but I only just found your blog, so please apologise to him for me. Sounds like you had fun at the AQC. Hugs Naomi from Adelaide